CONFIRMING ITS BATS
Confirming its bats you’re dealing with can be a bit of a process. Because they are not as active as some pests while in your home and because of the schedule they keep, a bat problem can often go unnoticed for long periods of time.
SIGNS YOU ARE DEALING WITH BATS
Bats typically roost in your attic and are one of the quieter pests. You may however notice scratching sounds and flapping of wings as they come and go.
If you notice any ofthe following things, you havr bats in your home. Piles of bat guano built up, typically somewhere underneath your soffits. Bats will also leave a dark brown stain as they squeeze in and out of the entry point. Check for stains around your roofline, dormers and soffits. Around dusk and dawn, you may see them coming or going from your home.
Bats are nocturnal therefore you will only hear or see them from the evening to early morning hours. They hibernate during the winter months so you are most likely to notice them from early spring to late fall.
Although there are also serious risks to your home and property when it comes to bat infestations the health risks are far more serious. Between histoplasmosis and rabies, the consequences can be deadly.
COMMON HEALTH RISKS
- Rabies – is contracted through the bite or saliva of an infected animal. If you suspect you have been bitten by a bat contact a medical professional immediately.
- Histoplasmosis – is a potentially fatal respiratory spread through the inhalation of spores found in dried bat guano.
- Bacterial Growth – as guano and urine accumulate in your home, it can be a breeding ground for all sorts of unhealthy bacteria. If left untreated, the risk and contaminants grow exponentially.
Chewed wires presenting a potential fire hazard
Fleas and tick infestation in your home
The smell from urine and guano build-up
Damage from the weight of feces and urine on the attic floor
Insulation soiled and contaminated
Evidence of previous bat infestation may be an issue during a home inspection
We offer free inspections and an industry leading lifetime warranty*. Call us at 1-855-602-2754 or hit the button below and we will get back to you immediately.
HOW WE GET RID OF THEM
We do not trap or physically remove the bats from your attic or home. The process involves the use of a bat door system, preventative measures, clean up/decontamination and finally repair to any damaged areas.
BAT DOOR SYSTEM
Injury – working at heights and with wild animals is very dangerous
Damage to your home – attempting to secure your entire building against rodents is very involved. If not done properly you can easily damage the structure.
Illigal – bats are a protected speices and it is illigal to trap or harm them.
ADVANTAGES OF HIRING A PROFESSIONAL
- Certified and trained technicians
- Insurance and liability coverage in case of unforeseen problems
- The area will be properly decontaminated
- Proven methods employed to quickly and safely resolve the issue