Free Inspections – Lifetime warranty*
As the squirrel population in your neighbourhood grows, so will the break-ins into your homes and businesses.
Click Here to Watch How We Humanely Remove Squirrels
CONFIRMING ITS SQUIRRELS
Confirming it’s a squirrel you’re dealing with is easier than with other species. Because of their size and activity levels, they are easy to detect and identify.
SIGNS YOU ARE DEALING WITH SQUIRRELS
Squirrels are usually found in your attic or walls. Common noises are scratching and chewing sounds, as well as a rustling sound as they make their nests. You will also hear them moving around as they come and go.
You will be able to see evidence of an entry point into your home typically on your roofline, soffits, siding or vents. You will also see squirrel feces accumulate near entry points as well as increased squirrel activity on and around your home.
Squirrels are active during the day and sleep at night. They are most active first thing in the morning and early evening.
The primary dangers associated with squirrels in your home are related to property damage. Compared to most other common nuisance wildlife and pests, squirrels pose a relatively low health risk to humans.
COMMON HEALTH RISKS
Fleas and Ticks – the main health risk associated with squirrels is that they can introduce fleas and ticks to your home environment. These pets carry several diseases that can affect your family and household pets.
Contamination – any surface or food that comes into contact with squirrels or their urine and feces can be contaminated and not fit for human contact.
- Damaged roof/wall vents, siding or soffits
- Damaged roof boards
- Chewed wires and other components
- Insulation soiled and disrupted
- Risk of flood and water damage through wholes made by squirrels
- Significant squirrel damage may negate passing a home inspection if the property ever goes up for sale
We offer free inspections and an industry leading lifetime warranty*. Call us at 1-855-602-2754, Click to Text Us or hit the button below and we will get back to you immediately.
HOW WE GET RID OF THEM
We do not trap of physically remove squirrels from your attic or home. The process involves the use of a one-way door system, preventative measures, clean up/decontamination and finally repair to any damaged areas.
ONE-WAY DOOR SYSTEM
- Injury – working at heights and with wild animals is very dangerous
- Damage to your home – trapping an animal in your home or attempting prevention work can lead to leaks and all kinds of damage to your home by the animal
- Harm to the animal – untrained people attempting this place the animals at risk
ADVANTAGES OF HIRING A PROFESSIONAL
- Certified and trained technicians
- Insurance and liability coverage in case of unforeseen problems
- The area will be properly decontaminated
- Proven methods employed to quickly and safely resolve the issue
Your home is one of the largest investments you will ever make. Wasting valuable time and hoping you can resolve the issue yourself will expose you to significant financial and health risks.
MONEY AND TIME CONSIDERATIONS
If you have never dealt with a squirrel issue before you were most likely wondering what the timeline looks like and what the potential associated costs may be.
Every case is completely different and as such it’s impossible to provide a firm guideline on pricing. There are several factors that are considered when pricing a raccoon removal and prevention job.
- Accessibility of problem areas
- Number of problem areas
- Pitch of the roof
- Size of the home
- Whether or not babies are present
- Hours of labour required
- Materials required
To give you a rough approximation of price ranges; a simple squirrel removal job will start around $350 and a complex job on a larger home with accessibility issues and multiple areas to address can go up in price commensurate with the increase in the difficulty level of the job.
Squirrel eviction and prevention is a fairly quick process. The timeline is as follows:
- Prevention work is done on the first day
- That night the animals will leave through the one-way door system
- Within 12-48 hours you will be animal-free and no longer at risk (if dealing with babies this timeline may be stretched a little)
- We return at a mutually convenient time to remove the one-way door and decontaminate any affected areas
At Home Free Pest Removal we don’t employ inexperienced or seasonal workers. Our policy is to have a technician on each job with a minimum of 5 years of experience. We back this up with our lifetime warranty*
Call us today, be squirrel free.