CONFIRMING ITS SQUIRRELS
Confirming it’s a squirrel you’re dealing with is easier than with other species. Because of their size and activity levels, they are easy to detect and identify.
SIGNS YOU ARE DEALING WITH SQUIRRELS
Squirrels are usually found in your attic or walls. Common noises are scratching and chewing sounds, as well as a rustling sound as they make their nests. You will also hear them moving around as they come and go.
You will be able to see evidence of an entry point into your home typically on your roofline, soffits, siding or vents. You will also see squirrel feces accumulate near entry points as well as increased squirrel activity on and around your home.
Squirrels are active during the day and sleep at night. They are most active first thing in the morning and early evening.
The primary dangers associated with squirrels in your home are related to property damage. Compared to most other common nuisance wildlife and pests, squirrels pose a relatively low health risk to humans.
COMMON HEALTH RISKS
Fleas and Ticks – the main health risk associated with squirrels is that they can introduce fleas and ticks to your home environment. These pets carry several diseases that can affect your family and household pets.
Contamination – any surface or food that comes into contact with squirrels or their urine and feces can be contaminated and not fit for human contact.
- Damaged roof/wall vents, siding or soffits
- Damaged roof boards
- Chewed wires and other components
- Insulation soiled and disrupted
- Risk of flood and water damage through wholes made by squirrels
- Significant squirrel damage may negate passing a home inspection if the property ever goes up for sale
HOW WE GET RID OF THEM
We do not trap of physically remove squirrels from your attic or home. The process involves the use of a one-way door system, preventative measures, clean up/decontamination and finally repair to any damaged areas.
ONE-WAY DOOR SYSTEM
- Injury – working at heights and with wild animals is very dangerous
- Damage to your home – trapping an animal in your home or attempting prevention work can lead to leaks and all kinds of damage to your home by the animal
- Harm to the animal – untrained people attempting this place the animals at risk
ADVANTAGES OF HIRING A PROFESSIONAL
- Certified and trained technicians
- Insurance and liability coverage in case of unforeseen problems
- The area will be properly decontaminated
- Proven methods employed to quickly and safely resolve the issue
Your home is one of the largest investments you will ever make. Wasting valuable time and hoping you can resolve the issue yourself will expose you to significant financial and health risks.